Band of Angels Young Professionals Board Application
The Band of Angels Young Professionals Board (YPB ) is committed to advancing the mission of Band of Angels by taking part in volunteer opportunities and serving in a leadership capacity to increase community engagement
We are an integral component in helping Band of Angels continue to reach more students in need.
The Young Professionals Board will develop strategy with respect to how Band of Angels can identify and engage new encounters and make strategic professional connections through an exclusive networking event with the Board of Directors at the Annual BOA YPB celebration event.
Each YPB member will tailor fit the expectations according to the value they believe they can deliver. Select the best fit, where applicable, under each of the 4 key areas
Attend meetings and events
Attend bi-monthly meetings. YPB members are expected to attend 4 of the 6 per year.
- 3rd Thursday every other month
Make a personal financial commitment
- Donate $100 per year
- Get $250 raised
- Purchase 2 tickets to 1 BOA fundraising event, OR
- Generate 2 ticket sales to 1 BOA fundraising event
- Personally, volunteer in a minimum of one BOA need (4 hours)
- Be a chairperson within the BOA YPB Organization
Advocate for Band of Angels and the newly formed YPB
Leverage personal/professional networks for at least two of the following:
- Corporate volunteer recruitment-recruit 5 new businesses to host a musical instrument donation drive
- Individual volunteer recruitment- recruit 10 volunteers for BOA Fundraising event
- Volunteer retention- solicit feedback and provide customer service by calling or writing thank you notes to thank volunteers for their efforts at events, approximately 20 a year.
- Brand awareness- plan and participate in a minimum of 8 hours of community outreach events or projects from inception to execution. Increase awareness through social networking.
- YPB Development- research and propose best practices, involvements, and new ideas to enhance the value that the YPB delivers to BOA
- Expand your professional network
- Gain valuable leadership experience
- Receive recognition on the BOA website, event publications, and annual report
- Make strategic professional connections through an exclusive networking event with BOA Board of Directors at the Annual YPB Celebration event